On October 11th 2018 HS2 published a number of documents which made up the Working Draft of their Environmental Study for HS2 Phase 2b.
They have requested comments on the documents by 21st December 2018 and the Forum wants to encourage as many comments relevant to the Area represented by the Forum as possible. Whilst we will be responding as the Neighbourhood Forum, at the meeting on the 24th November, we asked you to send your own questions to HS2 using their processes. We also said that we would make a record of questions asked and (when they arrive) answers from HS2.
To respond online, follow this link Respond online and complete the questionnaire.
When you complete their form and send in a question, you will receive a confirmation email. We would like you to forward the relevant parts of that email (the question, we don’t want your personal information) to HS2.email@example.com and we will publish them anonymously on our website below. Hopefully this will allow others to think of related questions and will stimulate more activity with HS2.
The documents relevant to the Forum Area are:
- EQIA Map Book :https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/747725/HS2_Phase_2b_Working_Draft_EQIA_map_book.pdf
- EQIA Report: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/745314/HS2_Phase_2b_Working_Draft_EQIA_Equality_Impact_Assessment_Report.pdf
- Non-Technical Summary: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/non-technical-summary-for-the-hs2-phase-2b-working-draft-environmental-statement
- Community Area Report Toton https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/745213/HS2_Phase_2b_WDES_Volume_2_LA05_Radcliffe-on-Soar_to_Long_Eaton.pdf
- Community Area Map Book Toton: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/746978/HS2_Phase_2b_WDES_Volume_2_LA05_Ratcliffe-on-Soar_to_Long_Eaton_map_book.pdf
- Volume 3 Route-Wide Effects: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/746554/HS2_Phase_2b_Working_Draft_ES_Volume_3_Route-wide_effects.pdf
- Volume 4: Off Route Effects: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/745090/HS2_Phase_2b_Working_Draft_ES_Volume_4_Off-route_effects.pdf
|Question Reference||Question||HS2 Response|
|1||Hs2 questions: I have asked which way the construction traffic will go through Toton and why can't construction materials be moved In and out by rail. I also asked if that is not possible then the A52 junction should be done first and use that for construction traffic for hs2.|
|2||Will parking at the East Midlands Hub in Toton be free of charge? If not, what actions are HS2 taking to prevent HS2 customers parking on the streets in the area surrounding the hub?|
|3||Please explain why the Greenwood Community Centre, Toton is included in Compound Area during Construction of HS2. |
Please explain why the Compound Area cannot be re-drawn to exclude the Greenwood Community Centre from the Area during construction of HS2.
Where is the "temporary replacement community facility" indicated on the key to Map CT-05-433?
|4||Please provide an accurate map of all the affected (and unaffected) Ancient and Veteran Trees so that all those deemed to be "unaffected" by the development are adequately protected.|
|5||Map CT-05-434a shows a "stub" on the roundabout on the access road from the A52 to the HS2 Hub. What is the purpose of this connection to the roundabout? Broxtowe plan 17/00499 which identifies the development to take place on the land West of Stapleford Lane does not provide any connection to this stub.|