These are the comments and questions asked at our first Part 2 Local Plan consultation event. We had around 15-20 people dropping in during the evening to find our more about the Local Plan and HS2 Growth Strategy.
Feel free to come along to our future consultations: find out more about our next one here on our Events page.
- Disabled representation:
both Forum Steering Group and Local Plan need to incorporate views on how better to address the needs of disabled communities
- More Doctors surgeries
- Keep Chetwynd road (Chilwell side) closed
- Keep Hobgoblin wood
- Keep trees on the west side of Barracks – from the quarry upwards
- Chetwynd Barracks to be treated as one entity and not split up into separate development plots
- All large trees on the Barracks to be the subject of tree preservation orders
- Keep local homes for locals (affordable homes) and not sold on to ‘outsiders’
- All housing should have solar panels + rain water harvesting systems built-in
- Chetwynd Road – make it a cycle & pedestrian route only?
- Chetwynd Road – Open up to traffic ?
- Tottle Brook – Open up ? (not sure where this is – anyone know? Graham)
- Good broadband internet connections needed
- Electric charging points for electric cars?
- Schools 3-18 ?? What’s the impact on existing LEA Primary schools?
- Traffic congestion now is bad
- Traffic disruption during development works must be minimised
- Self build plots?
- Roof gardens?
- Keep extending allotment provision