The Plan was submitted to Broxtowe Borough Council on the 18th June 2020.
It is supported by three other documents:
The next steps are:
- To complete a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) (something required by Broxtowe Borough Council in February 2021);
- For Broxtowe Borough Council to run a statutory six week consultation;
- Broxtowe to appoint an Independent Examiner who will consider whether our Plan:
- has regard to national policy;
- contributes to the achievement of sustainable development;
- is in general conformity with the adopted strategic local policies for the local area;
- is compatible with EU obligations;
- meets human rights requirements.
As a result of this consultation and examination, the Plan may need to be further revised. After that, it will be submitted to the Local Community for Referendum. We had hoped that this would be in May/June 2021 but the SEA will delay this. We’ll be in contact to get your support.
After that (assuming it passes the referendum) it will “come into force” and will influence Planning Decisions made by Broxtowe Borough Council for our Area.
Previous Versions of the Neighbourhood Plan
As historic information the public comment versions of the plan are available by following this link:
July 2019 Plan for Public Comment