(Page still under development)
- Understand total numbers of dwellings across the (Strategic Land for Growth) and Barracks.
- Review key assets already in existence e.g., Officers Mess, WW1 infirmary etc. Recommend proposals for redevelopment/re-use to help generate a sense of place.
- Proposals on construction methods and different forms of build out depending on needs and wants. To include Housing, Schools, Community/Leisure/Medical Centre considerations.
- Plan for delivery of units with timelines. Consideration to George Spencer implications.
- Delivery of build plan and how it could be achieved through different forms of joint venture/Investment. To include all community amenities. Work with Environmental group.
- Investigate the Smart Village/Living concept to see how far this could be deployed for living, transport and community engagement.
- Consider Neighbourhood Development Order scope and how this could align to delivery of housing and urban design policies.
We feel these ToR’s and subsequent sub-headings will allow us to track our progress and once met we will have strong business cases and the related information to fully support our Neighbourhood Plan.
If you want to help, or have comments to make Contact Us
The bulletins are intended to tell you what we have done and how we are getting on.
- Community Development Focus Group – 31st July 2021 - Just a quick note to let you know that we are doing things. Over the last couple of weeks we’ve been active going to presentations on topics which are of interest to us: “Office of Place” A couple of us … Continue reading
- Broxtowe Survey on Parks & Gardens - For those of you who may not have seen it, Broxtowe are asking our opinion about the Parks & Gardens within Broxtowe. Follow this link to the Broxtowe Survey and let them know your views. The survey is open until … Continue reading
- We need your help! - Whilst we have created the Neighbourhood Plan and have ideas for the Masterplans for the Area, Developers will create their own Masterplans and designs that suit them and so we’ll need robust local opinions to hold sway. We have succeeded … Continue reading
- Future of our Town Centres - Hello again, I attended an online video link presented by industry experts on the future of our town centres. I thought it prudent and timely to relay some of the highlights. To keep you informed and ourselves up to speed … Continue reading
- Achieving Community Power Revolution Webinar - One of the Aspirations included in our Neighbourhood Plan is to be “Energy Positive”. By including green power generation, storage and distribution as part of the design of the neighbourhood and building energy efficient homes, our aspiration is that the … Continue reading
- Focus Group Community Development: Modular Housing - Our recent Focus Group meeting involved the group participating in questions set by our Modular Build expert Yann. They covered a whole range topics based on our Neighbourhood Plan site and housing ideas including: housing types, affordable housing, care and … Continue reading
- Green Initiatives latest news - As a follow on our latest post where we advised on two schemes to support homeowners, the “Green Deal” and the “Renewable Heat Incentive it has come to our attention that a new local scheme has been made available and … Continue reading
- Green Energy posts follow up 6th March 2021 - Following our latest Green Energy post we have been asked for more details on how to start the process, potential firms to use and costs that maybe incurred. So to be clear we are not the experts on these matters … Continue reading
- Government Green Initiatives (Renewable Heat Incentive) - As part of our Community Development Focus Group, “green initiatives” are one of the many areas the group is working on. We are aware that the Government is currently running two initiatives and one is receiving bad press whilst the … Continue reading
- Chetwynd: Neighbourhood Forum Focus Groups - Introducing the Chetwynd Neighbourhood Forum Focus Groups Continue reading