(Page still under development)
- Understand total numbers of dwellings across the (Strategic Land for Growth) and Barracks.
- Review key assets already in existence e.g., Officers Mess, WW1 infirmary etc. Recommend proposals for redevelopment/re-use to help generate a sense of place.
- Proposals on construction methods and different forms of build out depending on needs and wants. To include Housing, Schools, Community/Leisure/Medical Centre considerations.
- Plan for delivery of units with timelines. Consideration to George Spencer implications.
- Delivery of build plan and how it could be achieved through different forms of joint venture/Investment. To include all community amenities. Work with Environmental group.
- Investigate the Smart Village/Living concept to see how far this could be deployed for living, transport and community engagement.
- Consider Neighbourhood Development Order scope and how this could align to delivery of housing and urban design policies.
We feel these ToR’s and subsequent sub-headings will allow us to track our progress and once met we will have strong business cases and the related information to fully support our Neighbourhood Plan.
If you want to help, or have comments to make Contact Us
The bulletins are intended to tell you what we have done and how we are getting on.
- Toton & Chetwynd Barracks Masterplan – Final Call - The 14th January 2022 is the last opportunity for you to make your comments on Broxtowe Borough Council’s Strategic Masterplan for our Area. Click on the image below to go to the display and make your comments Comments can also … Continue reading
- IWM Director General Meets the Forum Team - After much planning and a few false starts, the Director General of the Imperial War Museum Diane Lees visited the Chetwynd Station site recently. This was the first time Diane has visited the site and she was most impressed and … Continue reading
- Integrated Rail Plan and Broxtowe Masterplan - The Government has (at last) published their Integrated Rail Plan which decides the future of the Toton HS2 Hub. We will be formulating our views over the next few days and weeks but, within all the noise created by the … Continue reading
- IWM Director General Visit - We are very pleased to announce a bit of a coup! With the help of a long-time Friend of the Forum we have arranged for the Director General of the Imperial War Museum (Diane Lees) to visit Chetwynd Barracks to … Continue reading
- Community Development Focus Group – 31st July 2021 - Just a quick note to let you know that we are doing things. Over the last couple of weeks we’ve been active going to presentations on topics which are of interest to us: “Office of Place” A couple of us … Continue reading
- Broxtowe Survey on Parks & Gardens - For those of you who may not have seen it, Broxtowe are asking our opinion about the Parks & Gardens within Broxtowe. Follow this link to the Broxtowe Survey and let them know your views. The survey is open until … Continue reading
- We need your help! - Whilst we have created the Neighbourhood Plan and have ideas for the Masterplans for the Area, Developers will create their own Masterplans and designs that suit them and so we’ll need robust local opinions to hold sway. We have succeeded … Continue reading
- Future of our Town Centres - Hello again, I attended an online video link presented by industry experts on the future of our town centres. I thought it prudent and timely to relay some of the highlights. To keep you informed and ourselves up to speed … Continue reading
- Achieving Community Power Revolution Webinar - One of the Aspirations included in our Neighbourhood Plan is to be “Energy Positive”. By including green power generation, storage and distribution as part of the design of the neighbourhood and building energy efficient homes, our aspiration is that the … Continue reading
- Focus Group Community Development: Modular Housing - Our recent Focus Group meeting involved the group participating in questions set by our Modular Build expert Yann. They covered a whole range topics based on our Neighbourhood Plan site and housing ideas including: housing types, affordable housing, care and … Continue reading