Another year has flashed by and it’s Christmas again. So let’s spend a little time to glance over the shoulder and see what we did over the last 12 months.
1. What did we achieve last year?
- Got the Plan done! The final version of Neighbourhood Plan was completed by early summer and submitted to the Council to review and take forward to adoption in the middle of June.
- Produced two key supporting documents – the Consultation Statement and the Basic Conditions Statement – which were submitted alongside the Plan.
- Reviewed the set-up of the Steering Group in August. The result was to form four new Focus Groups with the objective to start to implement/oversee elements of the Plan.
- Published and delivered a Forum newsletter to the vast majority of households in our Area in early October. Thanks again to those of you who volunteered to helped with deliveries – you know who you are!
- Supported the Broxtowe Borough Council’s Strategic Masterplan on-line consultation held during October and November.
- Very pleased to have Milan Radulovic (leader of Broxtowe Council) attend our October Steering Group meeting and to hear his views on a number of topics relating to our Area.
- Attended several (mostly virtual) meetings/workshops with various stakeholders and consultants throughout the year.
- And published 33 of these digests, finishing on a high note with this edition being shortest, snappiest update of the year!
This list doesn’t really do justice to the work undertaken this year. And there is more to be done next year – not least to get our Plan formally adopted by the Council. However, we’d like to take time now to thank everyone – too numerous to mention – who has helped us to get the Plan and associated documents over the line. And we know we wouldn’t have achieved so much without the ongoing support of residents and friends. So, on behalf of the Steering Group, we’d like to say: “Thank you”. It means a lot to know we have your backing.
We hope you enjoy the festivities
over the next week or so on Christmas Day! (I’m finishing this early Sat. evening after hearing the latest restrictions.) Here’s hoping for a more productive (and virus-free!) year ahead. The next edition will be in the new year.