The purpose of the Barracks Subgroup is to support the main Forum Steering Group in developing the those elements of the Plan relating to Chetwynd Barracks. This includes understanding the impacts the development of the site will have on the immediate surrounding area, as well as the whole of the designated Neighbourhood Forum Area.
If you are interested in the work of the Barracks Subgroup please register your interest.
Tasks & Activities
Tasks & activities are gather information and build understanding. Specifically to:
- undertake site visits to gain a full understanding of the site and its scope for development.
- assess the infrastructure requirements to support the numbers and types of housing anticipated within the site.
- assess environmental impacts on wildlife, trees, Hobgoblin Wood, flood protection (rain water run-off) etc.
- understand & log the heritage assets (e.g. listed buildings, memorial) within the site and work to ensure they will be preserved
Terms of Reference
The full Terms of Reference of the Barracks Subgroup are here
Subgroup Meeting Agenda and Minutes
Agendas and Minutes of the Barracks Subgroup Meetings are here
The DIO has commissioned a number of studies into the future of the Barracks, some of which can be found here. (Note some of the files are very large)
Posts relevant to the Barracks Subgroup
- Chairman’s Forum Update June 12th 2021
- Chetwynd: Neighbourhood Forum Focus Groups
- Chairmans Notes: February 13th 2021
- Forum Digest: 13th February 2021
- A Forum Newsflash: Nov 18
- The Forum Digest: Nov 07
- £235m East Midlands Investment – Nottingham Post
- The Forum Digest: Oct 24
- The Forum Digest: Oct 17
- The Forum Digest: Sep 12